1/3 Photos of Curried Corn and Shrimp Soup
24 hrs 30 mins
I have had this recipe for a long time. It is one of those recipes that gets misplaced and then pops back up. Thus, I haven't actually tried it yet. I thought that if I posted it maybe I wouldn't keep loosing it! It looks interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 4 cups cold buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/3 lb cooked small baby shrimp
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Over high heat, in a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine the chicken broth, apples, onion, and curry.
- 2Cover; bring to a boil, and simmer until apples will mash easily, about 30 minutes.
- 3Let cool, then cover and chill until cold, a minimum of 3 hours or can be chilled overnight.
- 4When cooled, place mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 5Cut a few thin strips of red pepper and set aside for garnish; dice remaining pepper.
- 6Put diced pepper in soup tureen with apple puree, buttermilk, lime juice and corn, stir to mix.
- 7Add the minced cilantro to the soup.
- 8Ladle the soup into bowls, top each bowl with an equal amount of shrimp.
- 9Garnish each bowl with bell pepper strips and cilantro.
- 11Please Note: The cooking time includes allowing the soup to cool overnight.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Corn and Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 422.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 14.3 g