1/1 Photo of Curried Pumpkin Soup
7 hrs 20 mins
This recipe came from 'Joan Bishops's New Zealand Crockpot and Slow Cooker Cookbook'. It is very easy and not as high in fat as some pumpkin soups, but doesn't lose any of that great flavour. The author suggests cooking on high for 5-7 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the cooker for 20 minutes.
- 2Cut pumpkin and potato into small pieces (2-3cm) and place in the cooker.
- 3Add tomatoes, onion, pepper and chicken stock.
- 4Cover with the lid and cook following the times and settings above in the description.
- 5Add the curry powder and brown sugar.
- 6Puree in a food processor or blender.
- 7Return to the cooker and add the light evaporated milk or cream. Stir well and check seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- 8Reheat but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 265.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk