This recipe came from 'Joan Bishops's New Zealand Crockpot and Slow Cooker Cookbook'. It is very easy and not as high in fat as some pumpkin soups, but doesn't lose any of that great flavour. The author suggests cooking on high for 5-7 hours.
- Pre-heat the cooker for 20 minutes.
- Cut pumpkin and potato into small pieces (2-3cm) and place in the cooker.
- Add tomatoes, onion, pepper and chicken stock.
- Cover with the lid and cook following the times and settings above in the description.
- Add the curry powder and brown sugar.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Return to the cooker and add the light evaporated milk or cream. Stir well and check seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Reheat but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with chopped chives.