Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love salmon, curry and pies so just had to save this one here, from Australian Goof Food mini cookbook. Please note our pre-rolled pastry sheets are about 22cm to 23cm square in Australia.
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek (well washed and finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I would use Madras)
- 1 cup cooked rice (from 1/3 cup raw)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed and halved)
- 2 (250 g) salmon fillets (halved crossways)
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 4 dill sprigs (to serve)
- 1 lemon (cut into to wedges to serve)
- Preheat oven to 210C or 190C fan forced.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat and cook leek, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and then stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant and then transfer to a bowl and stir in rice.
- Lay a piece of pastry on prepared tray and place 1/4 cup of rice mixture at one end of pastry, leaving a 1cm boarder and then top with a piece of salmon and scatter over 1/4 of the chives.
- Fold pastry over salmon and using a fork press edges to seal or you could pleat the edges to seal.
- Score pastry and brush with a litttle beaten egg.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling to make four pies.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Top with a sprig of dill and serve with lemon wedges.