Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Love salmon, curry and pies so just had to save this one here, from Australian Goof Food mini cookbook. Please note our pre-rolled pastry sheets are about 22cm to 23cm square in Australia.
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek (well washed and finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I would use Madras)
- 1 cup cooked rice (from 1/3 cup raw)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed and halved)
- 2 (250 g) salmon fillets (halved crossways)
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 4 dill sprigs (to serve)
- 1 lemon (cut into to wedges to serve)
- Preheat oven to 210C or 190C fan forced.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat and cook leek, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and then stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant and then transfer to a bowl and stir in rice.
- Lay a piece of pastry on prepared tray and place 1/4 cup of rice mixture at one end of pastry, leaving a 1cm boarder and then top with a piece of salmon and scatter over 1/4 of the chives.
- Fold pastry over salmon and using a fork press edges to seal or you could pleat the edges to seal.
- Score pastry and brush with a litttle beaten egg.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling to make four pies.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Top with a sprig of dill and serve with lemon wedges.