Love salmon, curry and pies so just had to save this one here, from Australian Goof Food mini cookbook. Please note our pre-rolled pastry sheets are about 22cm to 23cm square in Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek (well washed and finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I would use Madras)
- 1 cup cooked rice (from 1/3 cup raw)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed and halved)
- 2 (250 g) salmon fillets (halved crossways)
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 4 dill sprigs (to serve)
- 1 lemon (cut into to wedges to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 210C or 190C fan forced.
- 2Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 3Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat and cook leek, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened and then stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant and then transfer to a bowl and stir in rice.
- 4Lay a piece of pastry on prepared tray and place 1/4 cup of rice mixture at one end of pastry, leaving a 1cm boarder and then top with a piece of salmon and scatter over 1/4 of the chives.
- 5Fold pastry over salmon and using a fork press edges to seal or you could pleat the edges to seal.
- 6Score pastry and brush with a litttle beaten egg.
- 7Repeat with remaining pastry and filling to make four pies.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- 9Top with a sprig of dill and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Rice and Salmon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.2
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 440.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: