An Australian dish for grilled chicken legs!!! Mmmmm!
Make and share this Curry Butter Chicken Legs on the Barbie recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat to high.
- Loosen skin on chicken pieces with fingers, by sliding hand between skin and flesh.
- In a small skillet, saute green onion and 2 cloves garlic in butter or margarine for 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Push this seasoning under chicken skins, working it down well.
- Combine 1 cup butter or margarine with mustard, 1 clove garlic and curry powder.
- Spread this seasoned butter or margarine over chicken and put on preheated grill.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Brush with remaining seasoned butter while grilling.
I made the Curry Butter Chicken Thighs, for my family of three generations, from 73 to 2 years old and they all loved it. As you willnote I used Thights instead of legs and I did them in the oven. Great recipe and I will do it again
This was really good!! LOVED This!! My DH grilled on the bbq and turned out moist and tasty!! I of COURSE added more garlic but well thats just me!! THanks for a fabulous recipe!!
These were yummy! We enjoyed these very much. I would add a bit of salt next time. DH was in charge of stuffing the legs, and was having a hard time getting the stuffing to stay put. To solve it we stuffed the chicken leg and then used a toothpick to hold the skin opening to the meat and problem solved! We had more than enough butter for basting, could have easily done another 4 legs. thanks for posting Charmie!!