Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who better to ask about Australian food than the Dame herself? I found this recipe on the website for a San Francisco tv station. Apparently, Dame Edna, aka Barry Humphreys, stopped in and cooked this recipe on their show. Now, keep in mind the recipe is in typical Dame Edna language so I am sure you can decide to arrange your sausage any way you wish. Enjoy possums!
- 6 plump pork sausages
- 6 large mushrooms
- 6 pineapple rings, from a can
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- Fry up the sossies in a little cooking fat until browned all over (turn well to avoid those horrid grey tummies).
- Remove from cooking fat, keeping them nice and hot somewhere.
- In the same cooking fat (already flecked with deliciously crisp sausage oozings) fry the pineapple rings on both sides until cooked through and soggy.
- Drain the rings on kitchen paper and keep them hot while you sizzleup the peeled mushrooms and tomatoes, adding a dollop of extra cooking fat if necessary; but be careful they do not break.
- Thrust each hot plump sausage cheekily through the hole of each pineapple slice.
- Garnish with halved tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper.
- A spicy tomato sauce is optional for serving.