Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe comes from The Aust WW's New Cookbook (a very OLD cookbook I own) and is posted by request.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl; add sugar.
- Add melted butter gradually, mix well.
- Add milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add lightly-beaten eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Put mixture into greased and greased-paper lined deep 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven 65 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Top with Chocolate Icing when cold.
- Chocolate Icing: Sift together icing sugar and cocoa; mix in melted butter and water; beat until smooth.
Lovely chockie cake. I don't know if the cooking time is too long, or it is just my oven, but at 40 mins, the cake was starting to burn.