Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an old issue of Woolworths mag..sounds like a good lunchbox treat.
Make and share this Date Biscuits (Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 egg
- 100 g butter, melted & cooled
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180.C and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and then add butter & honey.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture and mix until well combined.
- Place heaped spoonfuls of the mixture on lined trays and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 mins or until light golden.
Very nice cookies, these, as well as a nice change from date bars & date-filled cookies! I used Medjool dates which we really like, & these little treats were an absolute delight! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]