1 hr 15 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
My boss came to work armed with this for morning tea. Huge hit! The entire team was asking him for the recipe and the pudding itself was consumed very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- 2Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- 3Peel and slice the green apple.
- 4Melt the butter in a saucepan with the brown sugar.
- 5Add the apple slices and allow to cook until the apple is just starting to soften.Remove from heat.
- 6Use a loaf tin and pour first the sugar syrup and then the apples into the bottom of the dish.
- 7Butter and then decrust the bread and cover the syrup/apple layer with a single layer of bread.
- 8Scatter a handful of sultanas on top of the bread layer.
- 9Repeat the bread and sultana layers until the top of the dish is reached.
- 10Combine 2-3 eggs plus caster sugar and cream in a separate bowl. Mix well and then pour over the top of the pudding. Let it soak in for at least 30 minutes.
- 11Once soaked, bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 12Once baked, tip the pudding out onto a plate.
- 13Serve with fresh cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.7
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 288.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g