Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Devilled Sausage is a favourite with the whole family! We serve it up with mashed potato and a couple of green vegetables (peas, beans etc) You can add sliced apple (cook it in when adding the gravy) to enhance the flavour.
- LIghtly soften and brown onions in a little oil - put into a large casserole dish.
- Saute the mushrooms until softened - add to casserole dish.
- Make up 1 cup of onion gravy mix with instant mix and 1 cup of water -- then add 1 cup of water to thin the mix.
- Place sausages - I use thick beef sausages (uncooked) into the casserole dish, and cover with the onion mixture. Stir through.
- Put a lid on the casserole dish and place in a preheated oven (180 degrees celcius) for 1 hour. Stir carefully once halfway through cooking.
- Serve up with mash and enjoy!