Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my take on rum balls. I have added to our taste what we like in them. If the recipe seems too moist, add a little more cocoa or coconut.
- 1 (250 g) packet biscuits (I used arrowroot)
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk (skim is ok)
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup rum (again to you're taste)
- 1⁄4 cup of crushed almonds (I food process whole ones)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut, for rolling in (or cocoa)
- Put the sultana's and 1/2 the rum in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the biscuits and the almonds (if you're using whole ones) in a food processor until crushed but not powder fine.
- Mix into the biscuit crumbs, the coconut, and the cocoa
- Add the condensed milk, the sultanas, and the rest of the rum.
- Mix it all in together. It needs to be sticky, but not wet or gooey.
- Roll into medium sized balls and roll in the extra coconut.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- These will keep for ages in the fridge in an air tight container.
Yes I agree, these are devine. The texture was perfect. Much better than the wheat-bix versions that I have used for rum balls previously. I had to make a small substitution - Cointreau liquer instead of rum as that is all we had at hand....the flavour worked well with this recipe. Thanks for sharing