2 hrs 20 mins
Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy's Note:
This is my take on rum balls. I have added to our taste what we like in them. If the recipe seems too moist, add a little more cocoa or coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (250 g) packet biscuits (I used arrowroot)
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk (skim is ok)
- 1/4 cup sultana
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup rum (again to you're taste)
- 1/4 cup of crushed almonds (I food process whole ones)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, for rolling in (or cocoa)
- 1Put the sultana's and 1/2 the rum in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Put the biscuits and the almonds (if you're using whole ones) in a food processor until crushed but not powder fine.
- 3Mix into the biscuit crumbs, the coconut, and the cocoa
- 4Add the condensed milk, the sultanas, and the rest of the rum.
- 5Mix it all in together. It needs to be sticky, but not wet or gooey.
- 6Roll into medium sized balls and roll in the extra coconut.
- 7Put in the fridge to set.
- 8These will keep for ages in the fridge in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divine Rum Balls
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g