A wonderfully simple cookie recipe that tastes (according to my 4 year old DD) super yummy!! I really like the inclusion of oats in this recipe, I think that it makes a big difference. I haven't done it myself, but I should imagine that substituting some chopped hazelnuts for some of the choc chips would be just delicious!
- Preheat the oven 190/375/Gas 5. Lightly grease two baking sheets/or line with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly using a metal spoon, then add the oats and chocolate chips stirring until evenly mixed.
- Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps onto the baking sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn a pale golden.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on the sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.