1/1 Photo of Double Chocolate Cookies
A wonderfully simple cookie recipe that tastes (according to my 4 year old DD) super yummy!! I really like the inclusion of oats in this recipe, I think that it makes a big difference. I haven't done it myself, but I should imagine that substituting some chopped hazelnuts for some of the choc chips would be just delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven 190/375/Gas 5. Lightly grease two baking sheets/or line with baking parchment.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat well.
- 3Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly using a metal spoon, then add the oats and chocolate chips stirring until evenly mixed.
- 4Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps onto the baking sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- 5Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn a pale golden.
- 6Cool for 2-3 minutes on the sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g