Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just received this recipe from a a good friend in Melbourn so, of course, I had to post it here. The instructions are exactly as I received them :D
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream butter, sugar&vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Beat in flour and if so desired, nuts. (I just sprinkled my nuts on the top prior to baking. Yes, they were an after thought.).
- Bake in an 8x8 pan for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Hide in closet and eat.
I made these for a 11 year old boy I know...He told me that these were very fudgy brownies, they tasted great but were very soft, his mom put them in the freezer to firm up. I cooked these babies for 35 minutes, next time I will cook them for 45 - 50 minutes. Thanks for sharing Annacia. Update: The frozen brownies disappeared in about 30 min, the little guy said he turned around and they were gone, his older brother and friends wolfed them all down...he asked me to make these again real soon.
A little gooey but we loved them !!
The DS took these to his recreational music group were they were enjoyed, though some felt they were a bit too gooey and rich for their liking but they were all eaten and overall enjoyed. I baked at 150C fan forced oven for 35 minutes and would also next time line the pan to make for easier removal. Thank you Annacia, made for Photo Tag.