omeomy #2's Note:
My young Grandson's invention (improvement?) of my basic muffin recipe! Best results will be from using VERY over ripe bananas (we toss ours in the freezer when they become too ripe...freezing will turn the skin black but, when thawed, they have intense flavor) and the best quality chocolate and cocoa you can get.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 400F (200C).
- 2Mash the 3 over ripe bananas well.
- 3Chop remain banana fairly fine (we like some small chunks).
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa twice into a large bowl.
- 5Beat eggs, cooled melted butter and sugar in separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in milk and bananas to the egg mixture until just combined.
- 7Stir chocolate into egg mixture.
- 8Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until just combined -- it will be lumpy.
- 9Spoon into buttered muffin pans or paper liners.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 11If you've used liners remove the muffins from the pan immediately you take them out of the oven.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drew Boy's Real Chocolate Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g