Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My young Grandson's invention (improvement?) of my basic muffin recipe! Best results will be from using VERY over ripe bananas (we toss ours in the freezer when they become too ripe...freezing will turn the skin black but, when thawed, they have intense flavor) and the best quality chocolate and cocoa you can get.
- Pre heat oven to 400F (200C).
- Mash the 3 over ripe bananas well.
- Chop remain banana fairly fine (we like some small chunks).
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa twice into a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, cooled melted butter and sugar in separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk and bananas to the egg mixture until just combined.
- Stir chocolate into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until just combined -- it will be lumpy.
- Spoon into buttered muffin pans or paper liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you've used liners remove the muffins from the pan immediately you take them out of the oven.
Wow....better make that a double wow! These are totally addictive and I followed the recipe completely without tweaking at all and that's unusual for me.
But I have been dreaming about adding some raspberries or is that just too much of a good thing? Thanks for the frozen banana tip, I'm sure that why the flavor was so intense. I've made the yummy muffins twice now and they ate in my plans for the weekend. Thanks.