I saw this recipe made on TV and it looked fabulous - a Peter Evans recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (250 g) packet fresh rice noodle sheets, cut into 5 strips
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 banana pepper, chopped
- 3 red shallots, chopped (or 1/4 Red Onion)
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 3 leaves Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 green onions, chopped roughly green bit only
- 30 leaves Thai basil (Or holy basil)
- 30 leaves coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 slice pickled garlic, for garnish (optional)
- dried Thai basil, for garnish
- 1Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat peanut oil in a wok until smoking.
- 3Add in the garlic, shallots and chilli and fry for 20 seconds.
- 4Add in the chicken and seal on all sides (about 30 seconds).
- 5Move all the ingredients to the side of the wok and add in the egg to the middle of the pan, let set for 20 seconds then break up with tongs.
- 6Toss the wok and add in the capsicum, tomato and cabbage and cook for 10 seconds.
- 7Add in the oyster sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and sambal and toss through.
- 8Add in the noodles (drained of all water).
- 9Add the green onions, basil and coriander and serve in bowls.
- 10Garnish with peanuts, pickled garlic and thai basil leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 1358.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar