1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Peter J's Note:
This recipe comes from the French section of a book called Easy International Cooking. It is a quick and tasty way to serve duck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, dry duck and prick skin a few times with a fork.
- 2Cook in an oven according to directions on packet, or otherwise approximately 1 1/2 hours at 180°C.
- 3Ten minutes before duck is ready bring wine, orange juice, chilli and sugar to the boil in a small saucepan.
- 4Remove a small amount of mixture from saucepan and blend well with arrowroot to form a smooth paste.
- 5Return to saucepan and stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens.
- 6Reduce heat, add cherries and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Cut duck into serving portions, serve with sauce to one side along with vegetables of choice.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck With Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1007.9
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 578.5 mg
- Sodium 417.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 105.6 g