1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious pie! Kids love it too! You will need a recipe pastry for a 20cm double crust pie or use frozen pastry as a base. You might like to use left over vegetables from your last-nights-roast as the taste is just amazing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- 2Line a 9 inch pie dish with double crust pastry - see description.
- 3Dice chicken and place in a large bowl.
- 4Mix cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of milk and add to bowl.
- 5Add vegetables (if you don't have left overs, cook some frozen mix veges, drain and add to bowl).
- 6Add herbs, celery soup and mushroom soup. Stir together.
- 7Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
- 8Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 10stand for 5 minutes before serving with mash potato and salad of choice.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Vegetable Pie
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 483.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g