1/1 Photo of Easy Chocolate Coconut Bars
I've been making this since I was 8 years old and it's still one of my favourites. It's quick and easy to make and the taste in fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed (100g)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa
- 1Combine all of the ingredients (except the icing ingredients) in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Press mixture firmly into a greased 19cmx29cm (or thereabouts) rectangular slice pan.
- 3Bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 20 minutes.
- 4Whilst baking make the icing by sifting together the icing sugar and cocoa.
- 5Stir in the butter and enough milk to make it spreadable.
- 6Remove the slice from the oven and spread with the icing while still hot.
- 7Cool in pan.
- 8Cut into bars or squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g