I've been making this since I was 8 years old and it's still one of my favourites. It's quick and easy to make and the taste in fantastic!
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the icing ingredients) in a bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into a greased 19cmx29cm (or thereabouts) rectangular slice pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst baking make the icing by sifting together the icing sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in the butter and enough milk to make it spreadable.
- Remove the slice from the oven and spread with the icing while still hot.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars or squares to serve.
There aren't many households in Australia that don't have a recipe similar to this. This is a good basic chocolate slice, that is always enjoyed. Not too heavy like a brownie.
These are addictive little suckers - lol! I just wanted something quick & easy to appease my sweet tooth one night & these bars definitely fit the bill!
Super easy and delicous. I used a 9x13 pan and they were kind of thin, but still excellent. I also sprinkled powedered sugar on top of the icing after putting the icing on. Will definately make again!