1/1 Photo of Easy Chocolate Pancakes
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Great for that early morning pick-me-up: pancakes with chocolate chips. Cocoa is thought to possess anti-depressant qualities, and also contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium - all vital in a healthy diet. The recipe also contains the optional ingredient of a tablespoon of orange liqueur or rum. Perhaps not for breakfast, but great if you're making these for dessert, when you may also want to use high quality dark chocolate instead of chocolate chips. This recipe has been adapted from one I found on an International Masters '1001 recipes for pan or wok' recipe card. In the preparation and cooking times below, I have not included the 1 hour standing time in step 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour into a bowl, add the sugar and salt, make a well in the centre and add the egg and egg yolk; beat together until the flour is mixed in, gradually add the milk, then strain through a fine sieve.
- 2Melt half the butter and stir it into the batter. Add the orange liqueur or rum (if using) and leave the batter to stand for 1 hour.
- 3Melt a little of the remaining butter into a non-stick pan and spoon 1/8 of the batter into the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked.
- 4Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the pancake. When the pancake starts to melt, fold the pancake into quarters, and transfer it to a warm serving plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- 5Dust the pancakes with icing sugar and serve with cream, yoghurt or icecream and your choice of berries or other fruit.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 170.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g