This is a quick and easy gluten-free waffle mix. Waffles can be made sweet or savoury. You can add in finely chopped herbs, spices, finely sliced ham , finely grated apple and cinnamon, lemon rind or zest to the batter for some variations, finely chopped sundried tomatoes, a little seeded mustard- whatever you fancy really. Waffles make for a great dessert or breakfast. You can lay greasepoof or baking aper between each waffle and freeze them for later use. They heat up well under the grill /broiler or in a toaster. NOTE: I have made this with a different bread mix to my usual and found that I needed to add more liquid. Suggestion is to add milk and then add extra milk or water as required to make your batter the consistency that can be spread into your waffle iron. I have had a few consistency issues with this recipe using different bread mixes. It works better on mixtures without yeast. As stated add extra liquid to make batter a spreadable consistency-need to spread the batter into your waffle iron with a knife or back of a spoon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat all ingredients to a smooth batter.
- 2Use 1/2 cup batter for each waffle. Use a spoon if necessary to spread the mixture into your waffle iron.
- 3Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- 4Cook until done. Should take a few minutes each.
- 5NOTE: Waffles will freeze well. Wrap in cling-wrap or use resealable bags. Use a layer of greaseproof paper or baking paper between waffles so that they dont freeze together.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gluten-Free Waffles (Using a Packaged Bread Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 43.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free bread mix