1/4 Photos of Easy Lemon Chicken -Gluten Free
This dish is very easy to prepare. It has pan cooked chicken breast with a lemon sauce drizzled over the top. Ensure your flours, soy sauce and liquid stock used are all gluten free. I use Massell brand stock and Fountain brand soy sauce as they are currently GF. You can substitute the soy sauce for a gluten free Tamari sauce. Nobody would guess this is a GF dish. Make double quantity of the sauce if you like a lot of sauce to serve
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fine rice flour (or use a plain GF flour)
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour (US-cornstarch)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- 1Using a meat mallet or your rolling pin, gently pound the chicken between sheets of cling-wrap until 1cm thick.
- 2Dip chicken in the beaten egg white and then coat in the rice flour (or GF plain flour). Shake off any excess flour.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a large frypan. Cook chicken until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- 4Meanwhile- blend the cornflour, brown sugar and the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add the grated ginger, soy sauce and the stock. Bring the sauce to the boil and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- 5Slice the chicken,serve drizzled with the sauce and some extra lemon wedges or slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lemon Chicken -Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
gluten-free soy sauce
gluten-free chicken stock