1/4 Photos of Easy Lemon Chicken -Gluten Free
This dish is very easy to prepare. It has pan cooked chicken breast with a lemon sauce drizzled over the top. Ensure your flours, soy sauce and liquid stock used are all gluten free. I use Massell brand stock and Fountain brand soy sauce as they are currently GF. You can substitute the soy sauce for a gluten free Tamari sauce. Nobody would guess this is a GF dish. Make double quantity of the sauce if you like a lot of sauce to serve
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fine rice flour (or use a plain GF flour)
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour (US-cornstarch)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- 1Using a meat mallet or your rolling pin, gently pound the chicken between sheets of cling-wrap until 1cm thick.
- 2Dip chicken in the beaten egg white and then coat in the rice flour (or GF plain flour). Shake off any excess flour.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a large frypan. Cook chicken until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- 4Meanwhile- blend the cornflour, brown sugar and the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add the grated ginger, soy sauce and the stock. Bring the sauce to the boil and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- 5Slice the chicken,serve drizzled with the sauce and some extra lemon wedges or slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lemon Chicken -Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
gluten-free soy sauce
gluten-free chicken stock