This is a find that I am hoping to make in the next few days.
Make and share this Easy Orange and Poppyseed Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Process the orange in a food processor until pureed. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 20cm cake pan and bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. (The cake will not rise much).
- Stand the cake for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- For sticky oranges: Peel the rind from orange into long straight segments & finely julienne rind.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, add orange rind and bring to the boil, simmering for 10 minutes until syrupy and orange rind is translucent.
- Drizzle warm syrup over cake and decorate with sticky orange rind, serve thin slices dolloped with pure cream.
Great cake and so easy to make. Couldn't get any simpler than bumping everything into the food processor and then pouring into a cake pan. I didn't use the icing sugar for dusting. Used the rind of two oranges cooked with the syrup topping. I just love these kind of cakes made on almond meal and this cake is a great cake for anyone cooking for someone who needs gluten-free as no special gf ingredients are called for. I served my cake served with thick rich Greek yogurt. Delicious. Photo also to be posted. This cake easily serves 12. Made for Make my Recipe Tag Game in the Aus/NZ Forum.