This is a find that I am hoping to make in the next few days.
Make and share this Easy Orange and Poppyseed Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Process the orange in a food processor until pureed. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper lined 20cm cake pan and bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. (The cake will not rise much).
- Stand the cake for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- For sticky oranges: Peel the rind from orange into long straight segments & finely julienne rind.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, add orange rind and bring to the boil, simmering for 10 minutes until syrupy and orange rind is translucent.
- Drizzle warm syrup over cake and decorate with sticky orange rind, serve thin slices dolloped with pure cream.