Now, for all of you who have problems with cooking pilau rice, this recipe is really very easy and goes exceptionally well with a good curry, like my madras coconut, chicken and banana curry. Have a go, you won't be dissapointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and cook half the onions over a fairly high heat for about 10 minutes until crisp and lightly brown.
- 2Drain on kitchen paper and set aside, leaving just a coating of oil still in the pan.
- 3Add the remaining onions to the pan with the cinnamon, cumin, cardamon and star anise and cook gently for 5 minutes orso until the onions are golden.
- 4Add the rice, cook for 1 minute and then add 1 Ltr of water and the salt.
- 5Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 12 minutes until the grains are tender and water has been absorbed.
- 6Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving dish and scatter over the fried onions and corriander leaves; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pilau Rice
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: