Another of Peter Russell Clarke's Egg recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry onions & bacon in approx 2 tblsp of the butter and lay them in the bottom of an oven-proof dish.
- 2Slice the eggs and arrange them over the top, sprinkle with cumin.
- 3Melt the rest of the butter in a saucepan, take off the heat and add flour, then the milk gradually whilst stirring.
- 4put the pan back on the heat and keep stirring until it boils and simmer for 5 mins stirring from time to time.
- 5Stir in the cheese and add salt & pepper to taste.
- 6Pour cheese sauce over eggs, bacon & onion and sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- 7Bake at approx 230.C until golden and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.2
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 382.7 mg
- Sodium 731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.0 g