Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eleftheria is my cousin's daughter who loves cooking and decorating and every year for her birthday we get together and plan her menu. She had seen a recipe for Rocky Road but didn't want any peanuts or coconut so we improvised and ended up with a different but fabulous variation using M&M's and chopped Jaffa cakes (an orange biscuit with a sponge base, layer of orange jelly and coating of chocolate).
- 1 cup M&M's or 1 cup smarties candies
- 3 1⁄2 cups marshmallows (I bought a bag with a variety of colours and flavours)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet orange cookies (Use Jaffa cakes or biscuits as they are easy to chop and combine well with the marshmallows)
- 500 g milk chocolate (I used 400g milk and 100g dark chocolate)
- Line a 20cm x 30cm pan with non-stick paper and make sure it extends up the sides so you can easily lift out the rocky road afterwards.
- Cut the marshmallows into small pieces using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors and put in a large bowl.
- Cut the Jaffa cakes/biscuits into small pieces, around 6 per biscuit and add to the bowl with the M&M's and mix gently.
- Microwave the chocolate until melted or use a bain-marie.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix gently with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are coated with chocolate.
- Tip into the pan and smooth the mixture as evenly as you can.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing from pan and slicing into squares with a sharp knife.