Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Eleftheria is my cousin's daughter who loves cooking and decorating and every year for her birthday we get together and plan her menu. She had seen a recipe for Rocky Road but didn't want any peanuts or coconut so we improvised and ended up with a different but fabulous variation using M&M's and chopped Jaffa cakes (an orange biscuit with a sponge base, layer of orange jelly and coating of chocolate).
- 1 cup M&M's or 1 cup smarties candies
- 3 1⁄2 cups marshmallows (I bought a bag with a variety of colours and flavours)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet orange cookies (Use Jaffa cakes or biscuits as they are easy to chop and combine well with the marshmallows)
- 500 g milk chocolate (I used 400g milk and 100g dark chocolate)
- Line a 20cm x 30cm pan with non-stick paper and make sure it extends up the sides so you can easily lift out the rocky road afterwards.
- Cut the marshmallows into small pieces using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors and put in a large bowl.
- Cut the Jaffa cakes/biscuits into small pieces, around 6 per biscuit and add to the bowl with the M&M's and mix gently.
- Microwave the chocolate until melted or use a bain-marie.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix gently with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are coated with chocolate.
- Tip into the pan and smooth the mixture as evenly as you can.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing from pan and slicing into squares with a sharp knife.