Perfectionist cook's Note:
Eleftheria is my cousin's daughter who loves cooking and decorating and every year for her birthday we get together and plan her menu. She had seen a recipe for Rocky Road but didn't want any peanuts or coconut so we improvised and ended up with a different but fabulous variation using M&M's and chopped Jaffa cakes (an orange biscuit with a sponge base, layer of orange jelly and coating of chocolate).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup M&M's or 1 cup smarties candies
- 3 1/2 cups marshmallows (I bought a bag with a variety of colours and flavours)
- 1 (8 ounce) packet orange cookies (Use Jaffa cakes or biscuits as they are easy to chop and combine well with the marshmallows)
- 500 g milk chocolate (I used 400g milk and 100g dark chocolate)
- 1Line a 20cm x 30cm pan with non-stick paper and make sure it extends up the sides so you can easily lift out the rocky road afterwards.
- 2Cut the marshmallows into small pieces using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors and put in a large bowl.
- 3Cut the Jaffa cakes/biscuits into small pieces, around 6 per biscuit and add to the bowl with the M&M's and mix gently.
- 4Microwave the chocolate until melted or use a bain-marie.
- 5Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix gently with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are coated with chocolate.
- 6Tip into the pan and smooth the mixture as evenly as you can.
- 7Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing from pan and slicing into squares with a sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eleftheria's Rocky Road (Nut-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: