Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my friend Teresa.
Make and share this Energy Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Pour ¼ c boiling water over raisins and soak 10 minute.
- Combine carrot, zucchini, apple,nuts & drained raisins, mix well.
- In another large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Stir eggs, molasses & vanilla, add to dry ingred.
- Fold carrot mixture till just combined. Add water from raisins if mixture is too dry.
- Spoon into sprayed muffin tin or paper cups and bake about 25-30 minute test with skewer.
- Cool in tin for 10 minute.
These are excellent and much lighter than other similar recipes. Now if I could just figure out how to decrease the fat without losing the greatness of the muffin, I could eat them totally guilt free ;-)