This is THE easiest and most delicious Aussie Meat Pie. My grandmother passed this recipe on from generations ago. It uses minimal ingredients and you WILL want more! Guaranteed!
- Preheat hot oven (200 degrees).
- Line a medium sized oven proof pie dish with 1 1/2 sheets of pastry and trim the edges. Make sure the pastry covers the base and up the sides of the dish.
- Cook mince and onion until mince is brown, season with salt and pepper.
- When meat is cooked, thicken with the Gravy mixture.
- Tip into prepared pie dish.
- Brush around edges with milk. Put the 1 1/2 on top of pie to seal. Trim edges and prick with a fork. Brush with beaten milk.
- Cook in a hot oven 15 minutes, then turn oven back to moderate (180 degrees) and cook a further 20 minutes.
- This pie is great served with mashed potato, peas and plenty of tomato sauce!