1/2 Photos of Fair Dinkum Aussie Meat Pie
This is THE easiest and most delicious Aussie Meat Pie. My grandmother passed this recipe on from generations ago. It uses minimal ingredients and you WILL want more! Guaranteed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat hot oven (200 degrees).
- 2Line a medium sized oven proof pie dish with 1 1/2 sheets of pastry and trim the edges. Make sure the pastry covers the base and up the sides of the dish.
- 3Cook mince and onion until mince is brown, season with salt and pepper.
- 4When meat is cooked, thicken with the Gravy mixture.
- 5Tip into prepared pie dish.
- 6Brush around edges with milk. Put the 1 1/2 on top of pie to seal. Trim edges and prick with a fork. Brush with beaten milk.
- 7Cook in a hot oven 15 minutes, then turn oven back to moderate (180 degrees) and cook a further 20 minutes.
- 8This pie is great served with mashed potato, peas and plenty of tomato sauce!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fair Dinkum Aussie Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1369.9
- Calories from Fat 869
- Total Fat 96.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.6 mg
- Sodium 565.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: