1 hr 10 mins
A great slice recipe using sultanas, almonds and glace cherries. You can make this gluten-free by using a home-made base to the slice )insteadof the purchased pastry) or by using a sheet of purchased gluten-free shortcrust pastry and use gluten-free flour in place of the 2tbs plain flour. Recipe uses Australian metric measures. 1 tablespoon =4 teaspoons
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups glace cherries (300 grams)
- 2 cups natural almonds (260g)
- 1 cup sultana (150g)
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry or 1 sheet frozen gluten-free shortcrust pastry
- 100 g butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons plain flour or 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 80 g dark chocolate, to decorate (optional)
- 1Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a 24cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- 2Press in the thawed pastry, lifting the edges to form a 1cm rim. Prick the pastry base with a fork all over.
- 3Scatter the cherries and the almonds evenly over the pastry, Then fill the gaps with sultanas. Set aside.
- 4Melt the butter and syrup together. Allow to cool.
- 5Beat in the eggs, vanilla and flouur into the cooled melted butter and syrup mixture.
- 6Pour this evenly over the pastry base and bake for approx 35 minutes, until the filling is set and firm to the touch.
- 7When cool, carefully slide onto a board & cut into rectangles.
- 8If desired decorate with melted chocolate by drizzling in lines over the top.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Fruit and Nut Slice (Bars)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 75.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: