Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These mini pastry tartlet shells are wonderful to have on hand for Christmas drinks. Other fillings could include caramelised onion and goats' cheese; a soft chicken liver pate; or simply pesto. They are also great served sweet with either mincemeat or lemon curd. (Serve soon after making or the pastry will soften.) * Chili jam is from Asian food stores.
- 2 -3 tablespoons chile pepper jam
- 12 miniature tart shells
- 150 g soft herbed goat cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 12 small basil leaves, to serve
- Place a small amount of chili jam in the base of each tart shell.
- Cover with goats' cheese, spreading smoothly with a palette knife.
- Place one or two slices of tomato on top, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and garnish with a basil leaf.
I would give this recipe more than 5 stars - Fabulous, Appearance ease and taste WONDERFUL. I used Siljin wee ready made cups. Very light crisp cup. Had everything ready to assemble and 15 minutes befor serving put it all together We said WOW. The goat cheese I used was a light soft cheese that was perfect.
What an impressive start to our Christmas lunch! I used caramalised balsamic onions instead of chilli jam, and soft tomato goat's curd, with thyme instead of basil. I also made a batch with smoked salmon and herbed cream cheese. Yum!