Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mundella makes a great feta. Here is the recipe on the back of the packet.
Make and share this Feta and Spinach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 kg spinach, washed,drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 250 g feta cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 125 g butter, melted
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- Melt the butter and fry the onions until transparent.
- Add spinach.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add dill, parsley and seasonings.
- Cook rapidly and stir constantly for 10 minutes until excess liquid has evaporated.
- Empty into a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, cheese eggs and blend together.
- Butter an oblong casserole dish.
- Line the dish wih 8 sheets of phyllo pastry, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- Add spinach filling.
- Place remaining phyllo pastry on top, brushing each sheet and the top with butter.
- Bake at 180 deg C/350F for 45 minutes.