1/7 Photos of Feta and Spinach Rolls
My own invention that I took to a party yesterday and got asked for the recipe aseveral times. Aus puff pastry comes as interleaved sheets of which there are 6 in a 1kg packet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200 g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper (lots of pepper)
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 200c.
- 2Mix all ingredients together (except pastry sheets).
- 3Lay pastry sheets (with plastic attached) out on your counter.
- 4Fill a large piping bag (no nozzle) with the mix and squeeze out a long line of mix down the long edge of the pastry-about 1/2 an inch in from that edge.
- 5No piping bag? Divide mix in 4 and spoon this along the long edge.
- 6Roll up, peeling the plastic away as you roll.
- 7Seal the inner edge with a little water.
- 8Cut each of these rolls into three, then cut each smaller roll ALMOST through in the middle (leave the bottom intact). When they are cooked, I cut them right through to make a bite sized roll, but cooking them this way keeps them moister.
- 9Place on a baking tray, brush each with a little milk, then cook in pre heated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta and Spinach Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g