Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe originally from "Cathy's Kitchen" EnergyAustralia. This recipe is gluten-free as written - it does not contain flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 . 5 cm cubes (kumera)
- 2 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves, I used 150grams (measure firmly packed)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled, can use low-fat fetta if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Grease a large flan dish, approximately 25-27cm in diamater.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add onion and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown, this should take about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Cool.
- Add feta cheese, stir to combine and place into prepared flan dish.
- Beat the 6 eggs in a large jug with milk, nutmeg and pepper and pour over vegetables in flan dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pinenuts and bake in a moderate oven 180°C 35-40 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve cut into wedges with a salad on the side, veges, chips or crusty bread rolls.
This recipe is so delicious! It is amazing and I never would have put the ingredients together but WOW! What a great quiche! Thank you Jubes!
I made the recipe as directed and it was perfect.
Aussie#56 Swap: This recipe is out of this world! All the ingredients compliment each other well!!
I made this as part of a Sunday brunch and it was wonderful. I will be making it again soon, as all of the ingredients are family favorites. Thanks for sharing the recipe.