1/3 Photos of Feta, Sweet Potato and Spinach Crustless Quiche (Gluten-Free)
A recipe originally from "Cathy's Kitchen" EnergyAustralia. This recipe is gluten-free as written - it does not contain flour
My Private Note
large q ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 . 5 cm cubes (kumera)
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves, I used 150grams (measure firmly packed)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled, can use low-fat fetta if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 1Grease a large flan dish, approximately 25-27cm in diamater.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add onion and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 3Add sweet potato and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown, this should take about 10 minutes.
- 4Add spinach and cook, stirring 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Cool.
- 5Add feta cheese, stir to combine and place into prepared flan dish.
- 6Beat the 6 eggs in a large jug with milk, nutmeg and pepper and pour over vegetables in flan dish.
- 7Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pinenuts and bake in a moderate oven 180°C 35-40 minutes until puffed and golden.
- 8Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- 9Serve cut into wedges with a salad on the side, veges, chips or crusty bread rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta, Sweet Potato and Spinach Crustless Quiche (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 444.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g