1/1 Photo of Fettucine With Rosy Mushroom Sauce
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Serve with a lovely fresh green salad. This recipe comes from Charmaine Solomon's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, diced (1lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (4 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup cream
- hot pepper sauce, a dash (optional)
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Heat olive oil & butter in a heavy-based saucepan, on gentle heat, until butter is soft.
- 2Add garlic & mushrooms, cook, coating the mushrooms in the hot oil, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add salt & pepper, tomato puree, cream & hot sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet directions, then drain when cooked.
- 5Mix the cornflour & water together then add to the simmering sauce, stirring until it thickens slightly, and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettucine With Rosy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g