1/1 Photo of Fettucine With Rosy Mushroom Sauce
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Serve with a lovely fresh green salad. This recipe comes from Charmaine Solomon's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, diced (1lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (4 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup cream
- hot pepper sauce, a dash (optional)
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Heat olive oil & butter in a heavy-based saucepan, on gentle heat, until butter is soft.
- 2Add garlic & mushrooms, cook, coating the mushrooms in the hot oil, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add salt & pepper, tomato puree, cream & hot sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet directions, then drain when cooked.
- 5Mix the cornflour & water together then add to the simmering sauce, stirring until it thickens slightly, and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettucine With Rosy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g