My idea of a special occassion dish, and one that Russell is often asked to cook for ME. I could eat the Salsa Verde off a spoon, I love the flavours so much.
- 500 g filet of beef, trimmed of all visible fat and sinew
- 4 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 teaspoons black mustard seeds, crushed (I use brown if that's what's in the cupboard)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovies, drained
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 2 slices bread, crusts trimmed
- 60 ml olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190C degrees.
- Spread the meat with the mustard, then roll in the pepper and mustard seeds.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the beef, turning to brown on all sides.
- Place the beef in a baking dish, and cook for 35-40 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- SALSA VERDE: Place the parsley, capers, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and bread in a food processor or blender and work until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil and continue processing to make a thick paste.
- To serve, slice the beef and serve with Salsa Verde.