1/2 Photos of Fillet of Beef with Salsa Verde
My idea of a special occassion dish, and one that Russell is often asked to cook for ME. I could eat the Salsa Verde off a spoon, I love the flavours so much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g filet of beef, trimmed of all visible fat and sinew
- 4 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 teaspoons black mustard seeds, crushed (I use brown if that's what's in the cupboard)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat your oven to 190C degrees.
- 2Spread the meat with the mustard, then roll in the pepper and mustard seeds.
- 3Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the beef, turning to brown on all sides.
- 4Place the beef in a baking dish, and cook for 35-40 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- 5SALSA VERDE: Place the parsley, capers, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and bread in a food processor or blender and work until finely chopped.
- 6With the motor running, slowly add the oil and continue processing to make a thick paste.
- 7To serve, slice the beef and serve with Salsa Verde.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fillet of Beef with Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1167.0
- Calories from Fat 879
- Total Fat 97.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 590.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef
coarse grain mustard