1/1 Photo of Fish Bake- Individual Pies- Serves 4-6
A creamy fish and veggie pie style bake. Individual serves topped with crumbs. Serves 4. This recipe was from an advertisement in a magazine. Can be made gluten/ dairy free as required
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs or 1 1/2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 40 g butter or 40 g margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plain flour or 1/4 cup gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 500 g boned firm white fish fillets, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Divide crumbs in half.
- 3Melt butter and pour over 1/2 of the bread crumbs.
- 4Add the olive oil to a frypan and cook carrot and celery until softened- about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add the onion and cook for another minute.
- 6Sprinkle in the flour and stir to form a paste.
- 7Remove the frypan from the heat and slowly stir in the milk. Return to heat and bring to the boil, stirring until smooth.
- 8Stir in fish, lemon rind and juice. Remove from heat.
- 9Spoon mixture into 4 1/4 cup (310ml) heatproof dishes and sprinkle over the crumbs/butter mixture.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes or until topping is golden.
- 11Serve warm, sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Bake- Individual Pies- Serves 4-6
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 495.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of