Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
First cooked in the oven and then on the BBQ.
Make and share this Five-Spice Pork Spareribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup palm sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander root, and stem
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 kg pork spareribs, cut into 5cm pieces
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the spareribs, coat well and leave to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C and bake spareribs for 20 minutes.
- Barbecue over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Went for the oven cook and after 20 minutes took them out and put on a baking tray and cranked up to 200 (fan forced) for 10 minutes and they were just oh so good. If doing the oven cook method take them out of the marinade and cook on baking tray, I think then that the 20 minutes would be accurate but then I would simmer the sauce in a small sauce pan to spoon over the ribs, rice and veg. A little too salty for personal taste but expected being soy sauce based but the DM absolutely devoured them. Will like to try again with pork loin chops and on the barbie (with DH cooking). Thank you Jewelies, made for Edition 5 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
These were extremely tasty!! I finished them in the oven, too...total cook time was...45 minutes - 1 hr? Nice easy prep...a great recipe! Thanks, Jewelies! Made for the Aussie Swap 6/08.