1 hr 10 mins
An easy slice from 'Super Food Ideas' July 2007. I haven't tried this slice yet- but plan to substitute the plain flour for a blended gluten-free flour to make this slice gluten-free diet suitable
My Private Note
slice p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C Grease a 3 cm deep, 18cm x 28 cm(base) slab pan. Line the pan with baking paper.
- 2Add the flour to a large mixing bowl, whisk to aerate.
- 3Add the combined dried fruit, almons and cherries. Stir.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine the butter and honey. Stir over a low heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until the butter melts. (this step can be done in the microwave if wished). Allow the butter to cool slightly.
- 5Add the butter mixture and the beaten egg to the fruit mixture. Mix until well combined.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth over the surface.
- 7Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- 8Melt the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- 9Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled slice.
- 10Set the slice aside for 2 hours or until the chocolate has set.
- 11Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before cutting and serving.
- 12Makes 32 pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florentine Slice (Bars)
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g