Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this while cookbook hunting! Rich and yummy!
Make and share this Florida Seafood Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos or 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 4 ounces water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crab
- 1 cup shrimp
- 3 cups cooked rice, jasmine if available
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Saute' onion in butter till tender- blend in flour and add milk and flour.
- Cook and stir till thick cream sauce consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in everything except 1/2 c cheese.
- Put into a greased 7-1/2 by 11 inch casserole and bake 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.