Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A rich, fudgy, chocolatiest of chocolate cakes.
Make and share this Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Base-line and butter a 2 cm round tin.
- Dust with a little of the almond meal.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate, butter and sugar together in a double-boiler.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix in egg yolks one by one.
- Add almond meal.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold very gently into mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes.
This is to die for! If you can't find almond meal in the grocery store, you can make your own with a food processor, just ground almonds. I used regular sugar. You can also make an icing for this cake or just put raspberries and whipped cream on it... but it's good just the way it is!
Very rich but light cake/dessert and easy to make. Served it with fresh strawberries and chantilly cream and it was delicious. I only had a 200 g slab of chocolate but it still turned out great.
It was pretty good; what I like about it is how it allows you to be creative. Go out, buy some espresso-infused dark chocolate... or orange-infused... whatever looks good. There's also raspberry, sea salt, chili. Whatever you can find at the store. I did do the orange, and it went off really well.
Update: I tried it with 36 packets of Splenda instead of sugar and sugar-free Hershey's special dark. I also used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in place of real butter. Believe it or not, I like it better. It's a tad lighter, a tad sweeter, but still dense and brownie-like compared to other cakes. Yum.