A wonderful recipe from donna hay's cookbook "flavours". Doesn't take long to make, but extremely rich. Your eyes are going to be tired from rolling to the back of your head. :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150 g butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F (170C).
- 2Line base of eight 1 cup (8 fl oz) capacity non-stick muffin tins with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan (absolutely dry) and stir over low heat till melted and smooth.
- 4Place the egg, vanilla and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and beat until thick and pale.
- 5Stir through the chocolate mixture.
- 6Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cakes are just set.
- 7Cool in the tins and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 8To make the glaze, place the chocolate, cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat and mix till smooth.
- 9Chill the glaze till it is firm.
- 10Unmould the cakes onto serving plates and spread with the glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.3
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.5 g
- Cholesterol 232.4 mg
- Sodium 241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g