1/4 Photos of Food Safari's Tandoori Chicken
Chef floWer's Note:
I seen this on TV, it was an SBS show called Food Safari which is hosted by Maeve O'Meara. The recipe was made by Nighat Hassan a Pakistani chef and she used an outdoors Pakistani oven but I made it on a regular oven. Nighat made it look so simple and it is, I marinated mine for two days and the flavours really enhanced, we served it with steam rice, a large dollop of yoghurt with a sprinkle of cumin powder, tomatoes and lettuce salad with a mint leaf to garnish, but the chef suggested a Pakistani Mint Sauce. We found eating the chicken with the yoghurt enhanced the flavours more. Please note: Marinating time is not included. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken thigh
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated finely
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori color powder (food colouring, if available)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1In a large bowl, add yoghurt, ginger, garlic, tandoori paste, food colour, cumin, coriander, garam masala, salt, chilli and turmeric bowl and mix well.
- 2Once completely mixed, rub mixture into chicken covering all the chicken.
- 3Seal chicken in the bowl with cling wrap or zip lock bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to two days.
- 4Pre-heat the oven to it's highest setting and bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- 5After 20 minutes reduce the oven heat to 120oC/248oF and cook until tender.
- 6Serve with steam rice, salad and plain yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Safari's Tandoori Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 1093.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tandoori color powder