Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A super easy recipe from Australian Women's Weekly 'Winter Favorites' magazine from 2007. The original recipe calls for Blue Cheese as opposed to Feta, but I don't care for it so I sub it. This is always a crowd pleaser. I love serving this as either an appetizer or as a main with a side of salad. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425 Farenheit.
- While pastry is semi-frozen, put one sheet on cutting board, leaving a 1 inch border, cut slashes with a small sharp knife along pastry about 1/2 inch apart.
- Place the second sheet of pastry on a greased oven tray.
- Sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge.
- Top with Fontina, Parmesan, Feta (or Blue Cheese) and spoonfuls of Ricotta.
- Sprinkle with Chives, remaining Breadcrumbs and Black Pepper.
- Place marked pastry sheet over cheese, press down on edges to bond with bottom sheet of pastry.
- Freeze pie about 30 minutes until firm.
- Brush top of pie with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.