A super easy recipe from Australian Women's Weekly 'Winter Favorites' magazine from 2007. The original recipe calls for Blue Cheese as opposed to Feta, but I don't care for it so I sub it. This is always a crowd pleaser. I love serving this as either an appetizer or as a main with a side of salad. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 Farenheit.
- 2While pastry is semi-frozen, put one sheet on cutting board, leaving a 1 inch border, cut slashes with a small sharp knife along pastry about 1/2 inch apart.
- 3Place the second sheet of pastry on a greased oven tray.
- 4Sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge.
- 5Top with Fontina, Parmesan, Feta (or Blue Cheese) and spoonfuls of Ricotta.
- 6Sprinkle with Chives, remaining Breadcrumbs and Black Pepper.
- 7Place marked pastry sheet over cheese, press down on edges to bond with bottom sheet of pastry.
- 8Freeze pie about 30 minutes until firm.
- 9Brush top of pie with egg.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.4
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 883.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.6 g