Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Greenwheat Freekah
Make and share this Freekah Lamb Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup raw green wheat (Freekah; cracked grain or wholegrain)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g loin lamb, 1 cm cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons harissa
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and lamb in the oil until golden brown.
- Add harissa.
- Add freekah and coat the grains well.
- Slowly add the chicken stock and simmer until the grains are tender[about 20 min].
- When ready to serve add the tomato, lemon juice, spinach, cilantro and seasonings.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.