1/1 Photo of Fresh Salmon Cakes With Lime, Ginger and Herbs
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
A lovely salmon cake recipe with loads of flavour using fresh salmon pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g potatoes
- 700 g salmon fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 3 shallots or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten extra
- 2 tablespoons milk
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 1Boil, Microwave or steam potatoes until tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
- 2Bring 2 cups water to boil in saucepan. Add salmon and simmer uncovered until salmon is cooked and flakes. Drain, Cool and flake salmon.
- 3Combine potato, salmon, garlic, coriander, onion, egg, salt, ginger, lime rind and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- 4Shape mixture into 12 patties.
- 5Flour patties, dip into combined extra egg and milk, and finally dip into breadcrumbs.
- 6Shallow fry in oil until browned on all sides.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Salmon Cakes With Lime, Ginger and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 561.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: