A lovely salmon cake recipe with loads of flavour using fresh salmon pieces.
Make and share this Fresh Salmon Cakes With Lime, Ginger and Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g potatoes
- 700 g salmon fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 3 shallots or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten extra
- 2 tablespoons milk
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- Boil, Microwave or steam potatoes until tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in saucepan. Add salmon and simmer uncovered until salmon is cooked and flakes. Drain, Cool and flake salmon.
- Combine potato, salmon, garlic, coriander, onion, egg, salt, ginger, lime rind and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- Shape mixture into 12 patties.
- Flour patties, dip into combined extra egg and milk, and finally dip into breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in oil until browned on all sides.