1 hr 10 mins
Sassy Syrah's Note:
This is a really quick quick dish. It does benefit from a long marinade but can cope without it. I like the pantry aspect of it, in that I almost always have all of the ingredients required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken breasts
- 5 fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 (800 g) can tomatoes, drained and flesh diced
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese (I prefer tasty)
- 1Arrange chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- 2They should not overlap.
- 3In a bowl combine everything else but the cheese.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Cover the chicken with the mixture.
- 6Cover with foil.
- 7Leave this until you want it, it works well if you do it in the morning but it is not necessary.
- 8Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove foil.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- 11The cheese does not need to brown unless you really want it to, I like it just oozy.
- 12Serve one breast per person on rice or pasta or couscous.
- 13Even mashed potato could be nice although I've never tried it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 33.2 g