If you want to try something a little different and you like sushi. Try this. The tuna, cucumber and wasabi cream can be prepared 3 hours ahead. But cover and store separately in refrigerator and then assembled when you are ready to serve the meal. NOTE: I have said 30 minutes for cooking time but the 30 minutes is for the marinade for the cucumber. The whole recipe can be prepared under the 60 minutes that I have allowed. I use more than the 1 1/2 teaspoons of Wasabi as I like it HOT! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g fresh tuna (fresher the better)
- 1 small green cucumber
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 16 slices pink pickled ginger
- 1Cut tuna into fine strips.
- 2Cut cucumber into thin slices.
- 3Combine mirin, vinegars and sugar in small bowl, add cucumber; stand 30 minutes.
- 4Drain cucumber; reserve marinade.
- 5Place cucumber on plates, pour over a little reserved marinade.
- 6Top with tuna, wasabi cream and ginger.
- 7**Wasabicream: Combine paste and mayonnaise in small bowl, fold in cream, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tuna and wasabi cream
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: