This recipe is great everyone i cook this for loves it.It's now favourites at parties and kids love it.
- You can leave prawns, peas, and shallots out if you want to this recipe still taste fine without them with prawns gone it's a lot cheaper.
- Things to do ahead: Cook 2 cups of rice strain well then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Finely chop onion into little pieces set aside.
- Method: Heat fry pan to medium heat add 1tbs of peanut oil wait until heated then add beaten eggs cook until eggs are golden brown; take out of pan and slice and set aside.
- Add remaining peanut oil; turn fry pan to highest. When heated, fry onion still it starts to turn transparent. Add the diced bacon and then wait until the bacon is heated through.
- Add rice peas and corn fry for 3 minutes, when fried, add prawns, shallots, eggs and soya sauce.
- The rice is now ready for serving.
This came out exquisite but I did make lots of changes. used bologna instead of bacon used a hot dog 1 cup shrimps 1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
Very good and simple ! I only added eggs n peas as I had other side dishes, and it was still good!
This was very good! I used the optional ingredients with the exception of the shrimp / prawn which I'd just run out of, so substituted with a small lobster tail.