1/5 Photos of Fried Strawberries With Honey Cream
A Netherhill Strawberry Farm Favorite Recipe! I had never heard of deep frying strawberries....but they are really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 cups oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay, Semillon, chablis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Wash strawberries and remove stems; Pat dry with paper towels; Set aside.
- 2Whip Cream and Honey in a bowl until thick and put in fridge.
- 3In a large saucepan or deep fryer heat 2 inches oil to 375 degrees.
- 4Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar; Make a well in the center.
- 5Combine eggs, wine and the 2 tablespoons oil;
- 6Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- 7Dip berries, a few at a time, into batter.
- 8Fry strawberries in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 9Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 10While still warm, roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 11Cool slightly before eating.
- 12Serve warm with Honey Cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Strawberries With Honey Cream
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1535.7
- Calories from Fat 1395
- Total Fat 155.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 33.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g