From Diabetes Australia The Ultimate Diabetes Cookbook in response to a request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. Times are estimated.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the rice in an ovenproof pie dish.
- Add the apricots, currants and walnuts.
- Stir the milk through and blend in the cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until warmed right through; stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Stir in sugar or substitute and rewarm for 5 minutes.
- Cover with foil (or lid) and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.