Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something I created when I had excess fruit and hot weather. It is fabulous in summer, very cold and refreshing as well as healthy. Reminds me of a fruit slushy or sorbet but much cheaper and tastier. Can be made with whatever fruit you prefer, I keep frozen fruit in the freezer in zip lock bags now, just to make this and lately that's been every day! Prep time does not include freezing time.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Peel and chop the kiwifruit.
- Halve the strawberries.
- If they are small add a few more.
- Chop the pineapple into smaller pieces.
- Lay all the fruit in a single layer in a dish or on a tray and put it all in the freezer.
- When it has frozen solid place all the fruit into the blender along with the juice.
- Blend until it's smooth and serve immediately.
- It should be quite thick, similar to sorbet, so use a spoon.
- This recipe is easily adapted to any fruit you may have.
- I plan to use mangos in the summertime when they are abundant.