Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I created when I had excess fruit and hot weather. It is fabulous in summer, very cold and refreshing as well as healthy. Reminds me of a fruit slushy or sorbet but much cheaper and tastier. Can be made with whatever fruit you prefer, I keep frozen fruit in the freezer in zip lock bags now, just to make this and lately that's been every day! Prep time does not include freezing time.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Peel and chop the kiwifruit.
- Halve the strawberries.
- If they are small add a few more.
- Chop the pineapple into smaller pieces.
- Lay all the fruit in a single layer in a dish or on a tray and put it all in the freezer.
- When it has frozen solid place all the fruit into the blender along with the juice.
- Blend until it's smooth and serve immediately.
- It should be quite thick, similar to sorbet, so use a spoon.
- This recipe is easily adapted to any fruit you may have.
- I plan to use mangos in the summertime when they are abundant.
Well, this was just delicious! I used a banana, 4 strawberries,4 chunks of cantalope and some pineapple and orange juice. I had frozen orange juice and just added the pineapple juice to make it slushy. I will definately make this again! I will try mango next!
This is delicious! It also happens to be my first kiwi smoothie! I used 1/2 a banana, half a kiwi(the other half my sweetie parrot Mittu had!) 500 ml of refrigerated mango juice(Thanks to Sharon123's review, I decided to go for mango juice!), half a slice of a piece of tinned pineapple and 2 strawberries. This is a keeper and I hope you get many more golden reviews on this one. Thanks for posting! Will make it again in the coming summer months. Can't wait:)