This is something I created when I had excess fruit and hot weather. It is fabulous in summer, very cold and refreshing as well as healthy. Reminds me of a fruit slushy or sorbet but much cheaper and tastier. Can be made with whatever fruit you prefer, I keep frozen fruit in the freezer in zip lock bags now, just to make this and lately that's been every day! Prep time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the banana.
- 2Peel and chop the kiwifruit.
- 3Halve the strawberries.
- 4If they are small add a few more.
- 5Chop the pineapple into smaller pieces.
- 6Lay all the fruit in a single layer in a dish or on a tray and put it all in the freezer.
- 7When it has frozen solid place all the fruit into the blender along with the juice.
- 8Blend until it's smooth and serve immediately.
- 9It should be quite thick, similar to sorbet, so use a spoon.
- 10This recipe is easily adapted to any fruit you may have.
- 11I plan to use mangos in the summertime when they are abundant.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Freeze
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: